As the current health situation does not allow us to offer serene access conditions in all the partner cities (quarantine, compulsory paid PCR tests, etc.), we has decided to postpone part of the preliminary rounds of the 57th Competition, betting on a relaxation of traffic measures in the coming weeks.
- Postponement of the selections in Beijing from 21 to 23 June 2021, initially scheduled for 24 and 25 April;
- Postponement of the selections in Montreal from 27 to 29 June 2021, initially scheduled for 29 and 30 April;
- Postponement of the selections in Berlin from 1 to 4 July 2021, initially scheduled from 16 to 19 April;
- Addition of two days of selections in Paris on 19 and 23 April 2021 for possible transfer of candidates from Beijing, Montreal and Berlin, in addition to the initial dates of 21 and 22 April.
- The dates in Besançon, from 3 to 5 May 2021, remain unchanged.
We are doing everything possible to ensure that the preliminary rounds take place in the best possible conditions for the candidates as well as for the pianists and the jury.
Our greatest wish is to allow as many candidates as possible to take part, while maintaining the specificities of our competition and the conditions of equality.
We exclude the possibility of replacing the selections by videos sent by the candidates, and at this stage we do not plan to set up video-conference selections (video-live from the selection places).
All registered candidates have been informed of these changes and of the possibilities available to them (postponement to the new dates, postponement to another city, cancellation of their registration with refund).