In four days will begin the preliminary rounds of the 56th International Competition for Young Conductors.
They will take place from April 15th to May 4th in the presence of two members of the jury : Catherine Larsen-Maguire and, for the first time in the Competition history, the chairman himself, Yan Pascal Tortelier.
The program of the preliminaries:
- Berlin, Germany (April 15th to 18th)
- Pékin, China (April 23rd & 24th)
- Montréal, Canada (April 27th & 28th)
- Besançon, France (April 30th to May 4th).
Each candidate will conduct two pianists (David Berdery and Thomas Palmer) playing symphonic works on two pianos:
- Sergueï Rachmaninov, Symphonic Dances
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Symphony No.35 « Haffner » K.385
At the end of these preliminary rounds, only 20 candidates will be selected for the final rounds with orchestra in Besançon, from September 16th to 21st, during the second week of the 72nd International Music Festival.
Follow this adventure on our Facebook page !